THE QUIET PROFESSIONALS
Increase Your Odds
How to Increase My Odds of Getting
A USAWOA Scholarship
In preparation for the 2023 USAWOA Scholarship Program, I want to take this time to share some tips learned from previous applicants. I encourage USAWOA members to share this with dependents who want to submit the best application possible. There is a tremendous amount of paperwork and documentation; it benefits each applicant to provide ALL documentation identified on the checklist. I encourage you to follow these tips to better your chances of being awarded a scholarship.
- Do not wait until the last minute to submit your application.
- Become familiar with the application process. If you do not understand something, call or email me for answers to your questions.
- Check your application for completeness. Recheck the following:
- Eliminate blank spaces.
- Type your application. (ARIAL 12 font)
- Include your USAWOA sponsor’s or applicant’s rank, member number and phone number.
- Include a word count on your essay. Make sure it is a new essay if you applied previously.
- Stick to the subject of your essay.
- Sign the bottom of your essay.
- Include a 4 X 6 head and shoulder photo with “high resolution” quality
- ALL items submitted will not be returned
The USAWOA Board of Directors wishes each applicant Good Luck!