The United States Army Warrant Officers Association Scholarship Foundation will become one of the trusted sources for our members, to seek financial assistance in achieving the goals of a better education for their families in the future.
We are dedicated to expanding the opportunities for financial assistance for further education to eligible family members.
The United States Army Warrant Officers Association Scholarship Foundation was incorporated in March 2003 and received Non-Profit status under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code in July 2003. The United States Army Warrant Officers Association Scholarship Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing support to the membership and their families by providing them with the opportunity to apply for financial assistance in gaining various levels of formal higher education. Too many American military families must struggle from payday to payday to make ends meet. The Foundation’s goal, in partnership with the donor community, is to ensure that those who are devoting their lives to the defense of our country also have the opportunity to provide their family members with formal higher education and therefore assist them in having the skills and resources they need to secure a sound financial future for themselves and their families.
Apply for the USAWOA
2022 – 2023
The USAWOA Scholarship Foundation was created in 2003 to assume administration of the USAWOA scholarship. The Foundation is pleased to offer the program for school year 2022-2023. The goal of the program is to make financial awards to the most deserving candidates. Decisions are made by a selection board and are based on the whole-person concept. Second week of July the Foundation will award scholarships of $1,500.00 each and 1 book scholarship of $500.00.
Applications must be received between 15 January and 15 May 2022 in order to be considered for this year’s program. Completed application packets and official transcipts should be mailed directly to:
USAWOA Scholarship Foundation
ATTN: CW5 (Ret) Jim White
Post Office Box 606
Helena, AL 35080
Applications will be accepted from the children (natural and adopted), grandchildren and dependent stepchildren, under the age of 23 years of members in good standing in the USAWOA. Spouses of members in good standing are eligible and may apply for scholarship assistance in educational endeavors.
All applicants must be in their senior year of high school or higher and plan to attend, or continue their education, in an accredited American college/university, vocational technical institution on a full time basis. The school must be a degree or certificate granting institution.
The application packet can be downloaded from the USAWOA website and must consist of the following:
- Application form must be typed (Arial 12 font). completed and signed.
- An 800 to 1000 words typewritten essay (Arial 12 font) describing your education goals and how those goals will benefit the world around them. Include word count and signature at bottom of page. Must be a new essay not used in previous applications.
- Any special circumstances that would impact you attending college.
- Detailed list of extracurricular activities you have been involved in. Address length and efforts of involvement. List all awards or recognitions received and any training received outside of school.
- Recommendation from your high school (or foreign equivalent) counselor, teacher or current faculty advisor if already attending college or trade school. ALL recommendations must have current date,address, phone number and email address of individual writing the recommendation NO EXCEPTIONS.
- High School and College (if applicable) transcripts showing grades and grade point average.
- National Test Scores, i.e., SAT or ACT, etc (if in college these are used in the evaluation process), or letter of explanation if not available.
- High resolution Head and Shoulder 4 X 6 size photo on glossy photo paper, portrait mode, of you alone.
Applications must be complete at the time of receipt. No “partial” applications will be accepted. All applications must be received NLT 15 May 2022 to be considered. Awards will be announced during the second week of July. Names of selectees will be posted on the USAWOASF on line website at http://usawoa.org as soon as possible after the announcement of the awards.
Scholarship distribution will be made upon receipt of correspondence from the school confirming registration. Check will be made to the school and sent direct to the students’ designated financial aid office.